19th Century English Traveling Vanity Dressing Toiletry Case
Sale Sold out
Regular price $895.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Wow. This is a good one.
A 19th-century English traveling vanity/toiletry case.
- Wood box with mother-of-pearl detail on the top (someone's name was etched in but I cannot make it out) and mother-of-pearl keyhole
- Velvet details to top and middle sections
- Glass and silver (not genuine silver) jars
- Mother of pearl toiletry tools
- Pin cushion
- Secret side drawer accessed by gently pulling the no of the right upward
- Drop-down compartment with a folder to hold important documents
- Large compartment at the bottom of the box accessed by lifting up tray
- Cracks to the wood top due to dry storage - has since been oiled
- Wood loss to corners, look to have been glue back by previous owner
- The velvet that the tools rest in is cracked and come up in the middle scetion
- Pin cushion has wear from use
- Silver tops to bottles have some tarnish
- Leather trim on top velvet compartment has a bit of loss due to the lever used to access the compartment
- Secret drawer has a stain on the satin interior
- Does not close all the way due to bottles. When they bottles are removed, it closes fine. It could be the way I am arranging them.
- No key (I may have a spare but will update if I come across one)
Great condition for its age and ready to use. Many years left.
Dimensions: 12" x 9" x 6.5"